Saturday 2 March 2013

The Wars Are Over (9th Entry)


This will be my final blog post on our Canadian novel studies, “The Wars,” by Timothy Findley. Although the novel is relatively short, I am just generally a slow reader. Saying this, I feel as if I am departing an old friend, leaving behind all the experiences I had reading the book. It’s a little too sentimental, but it just happens to be a lazy Saturday, so this is as exciting as it gets for the day. Plus, the slow music of vintage jazz and blues playing in the background makes the mood and atmosphere slightly gloomier. To be honest, I don’t have much to comment on this. I guess farewell, until next time? It’s funny, just as I was about to press the post button, Ella Fitzgerald begins singing, “I’m Getting Sentimental over You.” Haha, I need a hobby. 

4 comments:

  1. haha funny post. It seems like you had a good time reading the book and were pretty into it. Good book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you need to get a life mason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, but honestly, I'm very glad that the novel study is over :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! you have the same taste in music as I do...I love jazz. However, I also love ABBA when I'm feeling down. I enjoyed reading your posts because they were reflective of the connections you made

    ReplyDelete